For those interested in Canadian scholarships, you may want to apply for the Alexander Rutherford scholarship program 2022.
This scholarship program was established to honor Alexander Rutherford, who was Alberta’s first Premier and Minister of Education. Rutherford supported public education in Canada and was involved actively in community affairs.
The scholarship recognizes and rewards Canadian senior high school students who have done well academically and supports them to further their studies. Funded by the Government of Alberta, this scholarship is offered to eligible undergraduates in the province.
In this article, we explained the requirements, application process, monetary value of the scholarship, and so on.
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Requirements 2022
- You must be a Canadian citizen or someone who resides in Canada permanently.
- You must have finished high school before applying.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full course load in a designated post-secondary or an apprenticeship program of at least one semester in length.
- Your official high school transcript marks must be available at the time of application.
- You are expected to have a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- GED marks are not accepted.
- Previous winners of this scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- Students without numeric grades should not apply for this scholarship.
- Make sure you meet the requirements of the courses before you commence your application.
- You must have an Alberta Student Number (ASN).
- The requirements for the high school transcript marks may vary.
- Visa students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Open studies or unclassified programs are eligible.
|Application Deadline:||July 31, 2022|
- Loblaw Scholarship 2022 Program Application Form
- Mike Rowe Scholarship 2022 Application Portal
- Jason Lang Scholarship Application 2022
- Free High School Diploma Online No Cost For Adults
- Tim Hortons Scholarship Application 2022
- Louise Mckinney Scholarship 2022 Application
How to apply for the Rutherford scholarship program
- Make sure you are eligible before submitting your application.
- Create an account with Alberta Student Aid using your personal email address and verify your identity (Use the link below)
- If you already have an account, log in to your account and select the Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship.
- Fill out the scholarship application form with the required information like SIN, ASN, your high school name, etc.
- Submit the form and Student Aid will verify your grades on your high school transcript.
- If you are eligible for the scholarship, a request will be sent to your post-secondary school for confirmation of your enrolment.
- You will be mailed a cheque a month after your school confirms your enrolment. If your institution does not confirm your enrolment within 30 days, you will be given a confirmation form to submit to your school.
If you misplace your cheque, you can contact Alberta Student Aid to request a stop payment and ask for a replacement cheque.
Does everyone get the Alexander Rutherford scholarship?
Not everyone will get a scholarship. A lot of students will be screened out by the scholarship board. Only students who are eligible will be selected and awarded the scholarship.
This scholarship occurs annually and has not been canceled. If you lost your cheque or have any problems with the scholarship, you can contact Alberta Student Aid.
Note that you can only get it once and that’s all. Applicants are selected based on their academic achievements and residency.
Is the Alberta Rutherford Scholarship taxable?
No, the Alberta Rutherford scholarship is not taxable. There is no reason for it to enter as taxable income since it supports full-time post-secondary education.
Winners of the Rutherford scholarship are given a T4A slip which exempts them from tax. So the scholarship is tax-free.
If you are applying for this scholarship opportunity, make sure you correctly fill out the application form before submission. This doesn’t mean you can’t modify your information if you made a mistake.
I wish you good luck and don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends <3