The caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates admission status portal was created to enable jamb candidates to know their chance of being admitted.
This portal has allowed many candidates to decide quickly about the institution to be chosen. Take for instance a candidate who wrote and scored 217 in the unified tertiary and matriculation examination.
In his first choice, he choose a federal university but due to his low performance in the post UTME conducted he was rejected.
On the JAMB CAPS admission status portal he can quickly decide whether to change his university or course to a less competitive one.
However, the portal is not limited to checking your admission status only. You can do Jamb regularization and a lot more. At times the JAMB admission list is initially published on caps before some institutions finally release it.
You will also get more information on the following;
- How to check direct entry admission status
- Is JAMB Admission List 2022/23 out?
- How do I check my JAMB admission list?
- How to check school admission Status
How To check JAMB admission STATUS 2022
Remember that the joint admission and matriculation board has different websites. Don’t mix them up.
The one for students is quite different from that of their staff. Follow the guide below to get access to the one you need.
- STEP 1: Most JAMB activities are always performed at the e-facility portal. You are therefore required to visit the e-facility portal first via www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/
- STEP 2: After your browser has fully load the page you visited above. Your email and password used during registration will be required. Supply it in the field provided and make sure they are accurate.
- STEP 3: If the supplied details are correct, you will be taken to your dashboard. On your dashboard, you will find grid icons with label. We will explain more about those icons and labels below.
- STEP 4: One of the icon you will find there is the one with “check admission status”. Click on it.
- STEP 5: Finally you will be taken to a page where your jamb registration number will be requested of. Input it and click on the button below it to gain full access to your JAMB admission list status.
What to do if you are offered admission
If you have been admitted on the JAMB portal check your school portal to fully verify it. My advice to you now is to accept the admission given.
Have this at the back of your mind that “many were called but few were chosen”. You are not the only one that applied for that institution many are still seeking admission. Make use of that opportunity you see to avoid spending years at home.
As I often say “opportunity lost may never be regained”. So grab your copy now.
Immediately you accept your admission start preparing your acceptance fee money to also make sure you don’t lose your admission.
What to do if you are not pleased with the course you are given
It’s hundred percent 100% possible the course you are admitted to is not what you intend to study. In this condition, no one has the right to choose for you. Always follow your dream and commit all to the hands of God.
Do you know the course you’ve earlier chosen might not be the plan of God for? He might have prepared the real course you ought to study for you. Don’t be ignorant.
The reason why some candidates still kept on finding admission is that they want to get admitted into their desired course.
Take a look at this short story. A girl wrote JAMB in the year 2016 and applied for medicine and surgery.
She did everything to make sure she attain the score needed by her institution. Lo and behold when the result was out she performed well. 3 months later she was waiting for her school to drop their list.
On the Jamb admission status portal, she saw admitted to the microbiology department.
How To Accept JAMB admission
If you followed the guide above, you will see accept and reject button to perform this action.
If you have any questions concerning the jamb admission status checking process or the jamb admission lists, leave a comment below.