The Ted Rogers scholarship program was founded to financially support Canadian students by giving them access to post-secondary education at lesser costs.
In this article, we discussed everything you need to know about the scholarship. Ranging from what makes you eligible, the application process, and when the form will close for the Class of 2022.
This scholarship is for outstanding high school graduates looking forward to furthering their post-secondary education in the country. First of all, let’s take a quick look at the Rogers Foundation.
About Ted Rogers Scholarships
The scholarship program was named after Ted Rogers, a Canadian businessman who was among the richest people in Canada. Ted was the CEO and president of Rogers Communications, a media, and communications company based in Canada.
Established in 2017, the Ted Rogers scholarship program supports Canadian youths to help them discover their true potential. They partnered with about 18 organizations like Big Brother Big Sisters of Canada, Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada, etc, to reach more students across the country.
Since it came into existence, the foundation has awarded more than $7 million worth of scholarships to nearly 1800 Canadian students. In 2021, 375 students were awarded Ted Rogers scholarships.
Wondering how much each student gets for the scholarship? Each recipient will receive a sum of $2500 for their entire program while children of Rogers employees are eligible for a $2500 scholarship for their first year of study.
- Basant Motors Scholarship 2022 Application
- Tim Hortons Scholarship Application 2022
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Application
- Jason Lang Scholarship Application 2022
- Louise Mckinney Scholarship 2022 Application
Requirements for the scholarship
How to apply for the Ted Rogers scholarship
- You should know that you can only apply through their community partners. I mentioned 2 before, some of them are GRIS-Montreal, Canada Learning Code, Jays Care Foundation, Indspire, Boys & Girls Club of Canada, Qmunity, MLSE Foundation, etc.
- To commence your application, you need to first register with any of these partners.
- Once you are registered with a community partner, you will get access to the form.
- Fill out the applicant information, and eligibility information and answer the self-identification questions.
- The next thing is to complete the scholastic history, the post-secondary education data, and the community/extracurricular activities tables.
- Write a 500-word essay or shoot a video of 2-3 minutes covering the topics given to you. Essays should not be more than 500 words and videos must not surpass 3 minutes. The shorter, the better.
- The essay should be submitted in the form and the video should be uploaded to Youtube. Submit the link, make sure your face is visible in the video, and don’t make use of copyrighted videos or music.
- Upload any supporting documentation like references, transcripts, etc.
- The community partners will review the applications and will notify successful applicants via email.
The closing date for the 2022 Ted Rogers scholarship application is 15th March 2022. Since the date was decided by the Community Partners, applications sent after that will be discarded.
The list of winners is not published on their website but they are sometimes interviewed on youtube. For example, the class of 2021 did a virtual celebration.
If you feel this scholarship might be helpful to someone, why not share it on social media?