Access Bank and Udacity are offering a thousand Nanodegree program scholarships in 2023. If you want to build a career in the tech industry, you are in the right place.
The program is designed to assist African students in enhancing their skill set in today’s most sought-after, in-demand tech skills.
In this article, I will explain everything you need about the Udacity & Access bank scholarship, including the available programs and the application process.
Udacity is collaborating with Access Bank in a scholarship program known as Advance Africa. The program aims to empower students from various African countries interested in learning tech-forward skills to kick-start careers.
The Advance Africa scholarship program provides hands-on learning opportunities in tech fields, including Data Science, Business Analytics, Programming, Product Management, and Digital Marketing.
Beneficiaries of this scholarship grant will complete a comprehensive portfolio showcasing their proficiency in in-demand tech skills.
In a world where digital tools play an ever-expanding role, the demand for individuals proficient in technology continues to soar. This scholarship program presents an exceptional opportunity for you to embark on a long-term career path in the tech industry.
For Access Bank and Udacity to achieve this, both parties are providing opportunities to those who would not otherwise have them. This will also help close the gap between the number of tech jobs available and the number of Africans working in the industry.
The Advance Africa scholarship program offers the following:
- 2,000 Nanodegree program scholarships for Africans to build their skill set and develop a career in the tech industry.
- Active involvement with classmates in a vibrant and well-managed student community.
- Subject matter experts and on-demand tutors.
Through this scholarship, Africans will gain valuable upskilling opportunities, equipping them with the essential skills required in the digital realm.
It is also worth noting that the tech industry encompasses some of the most rapidly expanding and sought-after careers in today’s job market.
As mentioned, the Udacity-Access bank scholarship offers learning opportunities in several tech fields. These fields are;
- Business Analytics: In this program, applicants are expected to gain foundational data skills applicable to any industry. While learning, you will collect and analyze data, model business scenarios, and communicate your findings with SQL, Excel, and Tableau.
- Intro to Programming: If you are looking forward to a career in web and app development, data science, AI, etc., you should venture into programming first. This program is well-suited for beginners.
- Programming for Data Science with Python: A successful career in data science begins with great programming knowledge, especially with Python. This program also features other tools like SQL, command line, and Git.
- Product Management: Envision and spearhead the product strategy for groundbreaking offerings within the industry while mastering the art of effectively launching them into the market.
- Digital Marketing: Gain real-world experience to run live campaigns as you learn from top experts in the field.
The Udacity-Access bank scholarship is quite different from any other scholarship program you may have encountered.
This program is divided into two phases, namely;
- Phase 1: Challenge Course
- Phase 2: Nanodegree program
Twenty thousand applicants will be selected for the first phase, tagged the Challenge Course. The selection is in 3 rolling cohorts, with the first two already completed.
The third cohort will begin in May 2023 and will have 10,000 participants.
In this phase, participants will work through one of the five initial Challenge Courses mentioned earlier. It will feature course text, content, and quizzes in the selected programs for five weeks.
Students must invest an average of 5 hours per week during this phase.
Challenge course recipients participating in this program’s initial phase will also engage with classmates in a robust, actively managed, student community.
For the program’s second phase, 2,000 students in 3 rolling cohorts will be awarded a scholarship for Business Analytics, Intro to Programming, Programming for Data Science with Python, Product Management, or Digital Marketing.
The upcoming third cohort, in May 2023, will consist of 1,000 full scholarships. Access to these Nanodegree programs also features expert project reviews offered by human project reviewers.
Applicants should be prepared to invest about 5–10 hours per week for two months.
To apply for the Udacity-Access bank scholarship program, applicants MUST:
- Be a STEM graduate or demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing an IT and Digital career.
- Have consistent access to a laptop.
- Have consistent access to a strong data network and power supply.
- Be committed to the time required for the program. Scholarship recipients must invest about 5-10 hours weekly during the Nanodegree programs.
- Must give pre-consent during application allowing Udacity to share data with the partner bank, Access.
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- It should be between 20-30 years.
- Must be based in Africa from countries including the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Guinea, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Rwanda, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, and Cameroon.
To apply for the 2023 Udacity-Access bank scholarship program:
- Proceed to the program selection portal here
- Select your desired program from the available options.
- Next, click on “Questions” to begin your application.
- Proceed to answer all questions in this section correctly.
- Next, tap “Tech Assessment.”
- Take the assessment and submit it.
- After submission, your enrollment request into the program will also be submitted.
- The scholarship board will send you feedback later if you have been accepted.
Interested applicants can send in their applications from May 9, 2023, till June 13, 2023. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered invalid.
On June 19, 2023, the scholarship board will announce the challenge winners. This challenge refers to the “Tech Assessment” you will take during your application.
The Challenge Course will begin on June 22, 2023, and end on August 3, 2023. The winners of the Nanodegree phase will be announced on August 13, 2023.
Finally, the Nanodegree program will begin on August 17, 2023.
- Both phases of the program will take place online. Therefore, students can work from wherever they want to.
- The scholarship program is completely free to all recipients. Access bank covers the costs.
- Udacity will provide participants with the necessary information during the scholarship program.
Sam is a brilliant young Nigerian biochemistry student and an aspiring entrepreneur. Despite facing many challenges, he has never lost his passion for learning and drive to make a difference in the world. Read more about him here.