Big Y is one of the largest supermarkets in Southern New England and they established the Big Y scholarship program to recognize academic merit and achievement.
Ever since this program was established in the year 1981, over 6300 students have benefited from it in the form of 4.7 million dollars (that’s a lot of money!).
These scholarships are given to the most academically outstanding students in the Big Y market area at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
In this article, we will show you the application process, requirements for the scholarship, and how to know if you won the scholarship award.
Requirements For Big Y Scholarship Program
Prospective applicants are expected to meet these requirements before applying for the scholarship program.
- This scholarship is only available to high school seniors, undergraduates, graduates, community college students and adult students.
- Applicant must attend school or have their permanent residence in western or central Massachusetts, Norfolk County, MA, or the state of Connecticut.
- Applicants must either be Big Y employees or their dependents or must reside or attend school in western or central Massachusetts, Norfolk County, Massachusetts or Connecticut.
- Applicant must be planning to attend an accredited college or university.
- Applicants should submit transcripts, college entrance exams scores and two recommendation letters.
- Big Y employees must submit one recommendation from their supervisor.
- Selection is based upon transcript of grades, college board scores, letters of recommendation, and personal resume
- Previous scholarship award recipients are not eligible to apply.
|Starting Date:||November 1, 2022|
|Closing Date:||February 1, 2023|
|Number Of Awards:||300|
How To Apply For Big Y Scholarship 2022
Here’s how to apply for the Big Y scholarship program in 2022.
- You need to visit their website via www.bigy.com/Community/Scholarships
- Fill the scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents (recommendation letters, academic transcripts, fact sheet or personal resume)
- Submit the application form.
By April, you will be notified via email if you were part of the winners or award recipients for 2022.
Around May, the list of the winners will be published on Big Y’s website.
- How to login to Yuba College Portal
- Kmart scholarships for US students
- 2022-2023 loblaw scholarship program
- Essay writing scholarship for students
- Clara lionel foundation scholarship
Big Y’s Scholarship Winners (Award Recipients)
Just as I said before, those who were lucky enough to win the scholarship will be notified and the list of winners will be posted on the Big Y Food website.
If you are part of those who applied for the scholarship and want to check your name, go to www.bigy.com/Community/Scholarships/Awards
If you saw your name on the list but didn’t receive any mail from the company, check your spam inbox and whitelist their mail.
If unfortunately, you were not lucky this year, you can try again next year or apply for other scholarships similar to this one.
Share this post with as many people as possible, the money is not much but you can save someone from dropping out of school.