The Amazon Student Scholarship Program may interest you if you want to attend college in the United States or continue your studies.
This program helps students with their financial burdens by providing each recipient with $5,000 for tuition and $500 for textbooks. Isn’t it incredible?
Another interesting thing is that the scholarship’s application process is simple and clear, giving all applicants an equal chance. All of these will be covered in this article.
About The Amazon Student Scholarship
What are your thoughts on Amazon’s student scholarship program? This might be the question some intending applicants will want to ask.
Amazon.com launched the Amazon Student Scholarship in 2014 for college students in the United States. The scholarship money will be given in time for the fall semester of 2023, with applications being accepted now.
The scholarship is intended to “reward students who display remarkable leadership abilities and innovative thinking,” according to Ripley MacDonald, Amazon’s director of student programs.
Students who apply will be graded on their GPA, community activity, and leadership experience. They must write an essay to advance to the final step — pretty regular college scholarship stuff.
The scholarship’s major goal is to spread the word about Amazon Student, the company’s student-designed program that offers a cheaper version of Amazon Prime.
The merit-based award provides $5,000 in tuition and $500 on textbooks at Amazon.com to 50 full-time undergraduate students. Students who plan to start college in 2023 or continue their undergraduate studies are all eligible to apply for the Amazon Study Abroad Scholarship.
The good news is that the Amazon Student Scholarship awards $5,000 in tuition and $500 in textbooks to 50 full-time undergraduate college students. Surely, you would want to be among those 50. It’s possible by first meeting the requirements that will be highlighted below.
- Brockman Foundation scholarship program
- Big Y scholarship 2023 application
- Kmart scholarships for US students
- Clara Lionel Foundation Scholarship portal
- Scholarships for students with red hair
- Loblaw scholarship application form
Amazon Scholarship Requirements
They include the following:
- Candidates should be citizens of the United States who are currently enrolled in school in the United States.
- Members of Amazon Student are required to apply.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in full-time classes at a non-profit U.S. institution or university beginning or continuing in the fall of 2023.
- Courses may be in any discipline at a recognized not-for-profit college or university; high school seniors, including a junior show, can apply before starting college this year.
How to Apply for Amazon Scholarship 2023
If you’ve been contemplating where to start sending your application for the Amazon Student Scholarship, here are step-by-step processes to get it done easily.
- Interested and eligible candidates must write an essay about Amazon and its business, including what it means to them, its numerous trade methods, and the advantages end-users gain from purchasing from Amazon.
- The essay format is up to every candidate as long as it helps to showcase the reasons for preferring Amazon.
- Pricing policy, distribution networks and coverage, outstanding product choice, fast delivery, sales support, flexible payment methods, and other compelling reasons why millions of people buy from Amazon each year could be considered by applicants. Keep in mind that Amazon’s business model now includes a lot more than just books.
- The AMZ-Expert board will assess scholarship applications, looking for original and fascinating responses and the desired standards of clarity and developed thought.
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program
The Amazon Future Engineer scholarship fund supports high school graduates who have completed a computer science course and intend to pursue a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or another computer science-related field at an accredited four-year college or university.
The award or prize includes a $10,000 scholarship to a four-year college or institution and a paid summer internship at Amazon following their freshman year. Awards are given regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or country of origin.
Requirements for the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
Entrants for the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship or permanent residency in the United States is required.
- Be a senior in high school currently enrolled in or has finished a high school or dual college degree program in computer science. The following are some examples of courses:
Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science A or Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science Principles in the International Baccalaureate Computer Science Course
- Through a college dual enrollment program, you can study computer science. Other high school courses that only teach computer science may be needed.
- Be on track to earn a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or another computer science-related field of study from an approved 4-year college or a 2-year college to transfer to a 4-year college.
- On a 4.0 scale, you must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. (or its equivalent).
- Employees of Amazon and its subsidiaries, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible.
The following documents must be uploaded as part of your application:
- Grades must be current and comprehensive. The submission of grade reports is not permitted. Unofficial or online transcripts must include the student’s name, school name, grades, and contact information.
- For the Financial Information Page, a copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 was used.
- One online recommendation form must also be submitted on your behalf by 3:00 p.m. CT on March 2, 2023, as part of your application.
If you don’t send all essential papers electronically, your application won’t be complete.
A four-year college student will earn $10,000 annually and qualify for the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship renewal.
Those who attend a two-year college will get $5,000 each year they are eligible, and students who transfer to a four-year school will receive $15,000 annually and are qualified to apply. The maximum amount you can spend in your lifetime is $40,000.
Selection of Recipients
Educational attainment, computer science expertise, taken several initiatives and involvement in school and community activities, work history, short answer responses, unusual personal or family situational factors, financial need, racial/ethnic/gender diversity, and an educator appraisal, which is generally preferred to be done by a computer science teacher, are used to select scholarship recipients.
Scholarship America is in charge of selecting the beneficiaries. No officer or employee of Amazon Corporate LLC is involved in the selection process. All applicants consent to the decision being final.
Amazon Black Employee Network Scholarship
Empowering underprivileged students in computer science and supply chain is vital to Amazon and the business’s future.
The Amazon Black Employee Network has created a scholarship program to help high school seniors who want to pursue their education in college and pursue a computer science or supply chain-related field of study and employment.
The program provides recipients $5,000 per year for four years of college tuition and connections to industry mentors and peers through Amazon’s Black Employee network.
Criteria for Eligibility
Applicants for the Amazon Black Employee Network Scholarship must meet all of the following conditions:
- Self-identify as Black or of African heritage and be a senior in high school.
- Aspire to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college or university.
- The most important eligibility criteria is that the candidate should have a minimum unweighted grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and plan to pursue a computer science or supply chain-related field of study and profession (or its equivalent)
- Amazon employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members are still not qualified to participate.
Before wrapping up, let’s have a second review of the Amazon student scholarship program. This student-aid program is worth $5,000, and it’s for students who want to ease the financial burden of attending university.
This article covered everything you need to realize about the Amazon Student Scholarship Program, including the level/field of study, host nationality, eligible nationality, Amazon Student Scholarship Program requirements, application date, and how to apply for this Scholarship.
Additionally, we included other related Scholarships by Amazon to give you an alternative. We believe you will find this information helpful and succeed as one of the scholarship winners.
Sam is a brilliant young Nigerian biochemistry student and an aspiring entrepreneur. Despite facing many challenges, he has never lost his passion for learning and drive to make a difference in the world. Read more about him here.