If you are a Nigerian student looking for favorable scholarship opportunities, the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship program is right for you.
This post entails everything you need about the 2023 NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship program, including its eligibility and application guide.
Let’s dive right in!
About the 2023 SNEPCo Scholarship Program
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), affiliated with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), accepts applications from eligible Nigerian students for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo scholarship program.
The scholarship program intends to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. Successful applicants have access to yearly grants from their second year to the completion of their undergraduate degree as long as they meet the criteria.
To apply for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo scholarship, students must meet a laid down criteria — one of which is that they must be studying courses accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigerian universities.
SNEPCo Scholarship Application Requirements
The SNEPCo Scholarship is merit-based, therefore only applicants who meet the application and selection criteria will be granted the scholarship aid.
Let’s take a look at these criteria before you proceed to apply.
Before applying for the 2023 SNEPCo scholarship program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Must be in their second year of a full-time program in any Nigerian university accredited by the NUC.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.5 CGPA in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems.
- Must not be a current beneficiary of any other scholarship from a body in the Petroleum industry, National or International.
Interested applicants must meet the requirements above before proceeding to apply. However, meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that you will be a beneficiary of the scholarship aid.
To secure your spot as a beneficiary, you must meet the selection criteria. These requirements differ from the application criteria and can help boost your chances in the program.
Before applicants can be selected for the SNEPCo scholarship program:
- They must submit their applications via the scholarship portal ONLY.
- Applicants must send in applications before the specified application deadline.
- All applicants must meet the aforementioned application criteria to be invited for a computer-based test.
- Only candidates who make it into the top 10 shortlist from the 36 states and the FCT will be invited for academic verification before the scholarship offer.
- The board will immediately disqualify candidates with falsified results once found wanting.
- All beneficiaries of the scholarship aid must maintain a minimum of 3.5 CGPA per session in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems to sustain their benefits.
Also, remember that only candidates who have successfully satisfied every criterion mentioned above will be eligible to receive the scholarship aid.
Applicants are required to upload scanned copies of the following supporting documents as part of the application:
- University or JAMB Admission Letter
- JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result
- A recent passport-sized photograph in JPEG format; not exceeding 200 KB
- O’ Level/A Level/OND/NCE; where applicable
- The academic result at the end of your first year in the university
- Certificate of Origin indicating the applicant’s local government of origin
Now, the question is:
You know what the SNEPCo scholarship program entails and your eligibility status; how do you apply immediately?
Well, let’s find out!
How to apply for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo Scholarship
To apply for the 2023 SNEPCo scholarship;
- Proceed to the official SNEPCo application portal.
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab.
- Select “Register Now” to create an account with your verified details. (Ensure every information you provide here is correct).
- Proceed to your email to verify your account.
- Next, return to the scholarship application portal.
- Sign back into your account and upload your information where necessary, including your National Identification Number, educational information, etc.
- You will also have to upload some required documents.
- Before uploading any documentation, ensure the name on it matches the one in your application. If otherwise, you should upload an affidavit or certificate.
- After uploading the required documents, review them again to ensure they are clear and accurate.
- Next, upload your passport photograph with a white background ONLY.
- Review the application information once more to spot and correct errors.
- After that, click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
- You will receive an email and SMS to your registered address and phone number, confirming your successful application.
- Next, return to the application portal to download a copy of your application profile.
- Have your Head of Department at the university sign the document.
- After that, scan the copy of the signed profile and upload it to the application portal. The signed profile would be used for verification.
Applications for the 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo scholarship program will close on the 14th of April 2023.
Therefore, interested students should send in their applications before the specified deadline. Applications sent after the deadline will not be accepted or considered invalid.
Also, only candidates who make it to the shortlist will receive the details for the computer-based test and other verification exercises.
- The 2023 SNEPCo scholarship application is FREE. Do not believe sources that state otherwise.
- You should only apply for the scholarship on the official application portal. Beware of other fraudulent websites when applying online, as some may even ask for payment when you apply.
- Applicants CANNOT apply for the 2023 SNEPCo scholarship via email; all applications must be submitted via the official application portal.
- The scholarship board does not appoint agents or representatives to assist you in applying. Beware of scammers.
- Creating multiple accounts for scholarship applications will lead to the disqualification of candidates.
- Applicants with falsified documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any stage of the scholarship process.
- If you receive the scholarship award, you CANNOT transfer the offer to a different university or course of study from the one used in your application.
In essence, applicants must submit their online application for the SNEPCo scholarship and provide the necessary supporting documents. These documents include admission letters, reference letters, and certificates of origin, to name a few.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an aptitude test, and successful candidates will proceed to the interview stage before receiving the scholarship grant.
Sam is a brilliant young Nigerian biochemistry student and an aspiring entrepreneur. Despite facing many challenges, he has never lost his passion for learning and drive to make a difference in the world. Read more about him here.