Ondo State government offers Scholarship programs for their students on need-basis and as well on merit. The state prioritizes education and have set up these student-aid programs so as to help finance the education of indigene understudies in the state.
Are you interested in applying for the Ondo State Scholarship 2022 or bursary? If you answered yes, you are on the right track. In the course of this article, we will show you how to apply for this scholarship program and be a successful recipient.
The history of Ondo State Scholarship Board didn’t just start on this year.
For years, the State Government has offered her an indigenes scholarship, and it has remained that way. This page will tell you on how to submit your application for the student-aid program via the online application portal.
We will also let you know the prerequisites and qualifications, as well as the application deadline and other important details about Ondo State Scholarship 2022.
Requirements for Ondo State Scholarship Scheme
Please read the following requirements and eligibility carefully before applying for Ondo State scholarship;
- The primary condition for receiving the scholarship is that you must be an Ondo State indigene.
- Certificate of Origin will be required.
- You must be enrolled in a recognized educational institution.
- You must have a good academic record.
- Students enrolled in higher education institutions such as universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- Eligible candidates will be subjected to a screening process in which their credentials will be confirmed.
- Certificate of Completion of Primary School (FSLC).
- Statement of Results, which includes your CGPA (for University/Polytechnic/College/School of Nursing students, for example).
How to Apply for Ondo State Scholarship 2022
If you are certain that you meet all of the criteria after reading the prerequisites and credentials listed above, follow the guidelines below to submit your application successfully:
- First, you will have to go to ondostate.gov.ng to access the application portal.
- Select “apply now” from the drop-down menu.
- Carefully complete the application form.
- Submit your application.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted through email or SMS.
Is the Ondo State Scholarship Application Form free to fill out? That’s one of the questions some applicants always pose.
Please note that the Ondo State Government Scholarship program is completely free of charge. Any information or person requesting money in exchange for the application form should be ignored. On the online application page, you can download the application form for free.
- Katsina State Scholarship 2022 Board Form Portal
- Ogun State Scholarship 2022 For Indigenes
- Kogi State Scholarship 2022 Bursary Portal
How to Apply for the Ondo State Bursary (OSOPADEC) 2022
The OSOPADEC 2022 Bursary is an alternative to the Scholarship program. On the off chance that you missed out in the first one, you can have this as another option to go for.
Let’s take a gander at how to apply for Ondo State Bursary. The following are the step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the program:
- Applicants are to click on the “Apply Now” Button
- https://bursary.osopadec.org.ng is the link to commence registration or click “Continue” when the page opens to continue where you left off.
Please keep in mind that your application will only be deemed complete when you submit the final form and upload a signed copy.
Requirements for OSOPADEC Bursary
Before applying for Ondo State bursary grant, interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a full-time student of a recognized private or public tertiary institution in the country as of the 2017/2018 Academic Session
- They must be of Ese-Odo or Ilaje L.G.A indigenes with proof of Letter of Origin
- Candidates should have a JAMB Registration No. where applicable
- Present an Admission Letter
- Have an evidence of School Fees receipt for the 2019/2020 academic session
- Have an evidence of Student ID Card
- Students currently enrolled in law school are also able to apply
- Applicants must have at least a Second Class Upper Division (or its equivalent) to be considered for Ondo State Bursary.
OSOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship Application Deadline 2022
This is a time based Scholarship which all the entries elapse after the deadline. So this means that you should put in your application in time so as not to risk your chances of getting through.
The deadline to apply for the OSOPADEC Bursary & Scholarship is May 21st, 2022.
With this information on the deadline of Ondo State Scholarship, we hope you were able to use this article to successfully apply for the OSOPADEC Bursary and Scholarship.
An Overview of Ondo State
Ondo, often known as Ondo State, is a Nigerian state that was formed on February 3, 1976, from the previous Western State. It used to contain what is now Ekiti State, before it was split off in 1996. The state capital is Akure. Nigeria has various ministerial offices that represent the federal authorities in each state.
The state is divided into eighteen LGAs, the most important of which are Akoko, Akure, Okitipupa, Ondo, and Owo. The bulk of the people in the state are of Yoruba ethnic group, with some other related tribes.
The Yoruba subgroups of the Akoko, Akure, Okitipupa, Ilaje, Ondo, and Owo peoples make up the majority of the ethnic composition of Ondo State. The coastal areas are home to Ijaw minorities like as the Apoi and Arogbo, while Oke-Igbo is home to a large number of Ondo State residents who speak a variety of the Yoruba language close to the Ife dialect.
Looking at the educational framework of Ondo State Scholarship, the Federal University of Technology Akure, Akure, and the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, are the two major government universities in Ondo state.
The Commissioner of Education of the Ondo State Ministry of Education in Akure is accompanied by the Permanent Secretary, who manages the work of the Ministry’s Directors and other officials.
That’s the size of this article on how to apply for Ondo State Scholarship. We believe you have learned something about the process.