Ondo State government offers Scholarship programs for their students on a need-basis and merit. The state prioritizes education and has set up these student-aid programs to help finance the education of indigene understudies.
Are you interested in applying for the Ondo State Scholarship or bursary? If you answered yes, you are on the right track. This article will show you how to apply for this scholarship program and be a successful recipient.
The history of the Ondo State Scholarship Board didn’t just start this year. For years, the State Government has offered her an indigenes scholarship, which has remained that way. This page will tell you how to submit your application for the student-aid program via the online application portal.
We will also let you know the prerequisites and qualifications, the application deadline, and other important details about Ondo State Scholarship 2023.
Requirements for Ondo State Scholarship Scheme
Please read the following requirements and eligibility carefully before applying for the Ondo State scholarship;
- The primary condition for receiving the scholarship is to be an Ondo State indigene.
- A certificate of Origin will be required.
- You must be enrolled in a recognized educational institution.
- You must have a good academic record.
- Students enrolled in higher education institutions such as universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- Eligible candidates will be subjected to a screening process in which their credentials will be confirmed.
- Certificate of Completion of Primary School (FSLC).
- Statement of Results includes your CGPA (for University/Polytechnic/College/School of Nursing students, for example).
How to Apply for Ondo State Scholarship 2023
If you are certain that you meet all of the criteria after reading the prerequisites and credentials listed above, follow the guidelines below to submit your application successfully:
- First, you must go to ondostate.gov.ng to access the application portal.
- Select “apply now” from the drop-down menu.
- Carefully complete the application form.
- Submit your application.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted through email or SMS.
Is the Ondo State Scholarship Application Form free to fill out? That’s one of the questions some applicants always pose.
Please note that the Ondo State Government Scholarship program is free of charge. Any information or person requesting money in exchange for the application form should be ignored. You can download the application form for free on the online application page.
- Katsina State Scholarship 2023 Board Form Portal
- Ogun State Scholarship 2023 For Indigenes
- Kogi State Scholarship 2023 Bursary Portal
How to Apply for the Ondo State Bursary (OSOPADEC)
The OSOPADEC 2023 Bursary is an alternative to the Scholarship program. On the off chance that you missed out on the first one, you can have this as another option to go for.
Let’s take a gander at how to apply for Ondo State Bursary. The following are the step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the program:
- Applicants are to click on the “Apply Now” Button
- https://bursary.osopadec.org.ng is the link to commence registration or click “Continue” when the page opens to continue where you left off.
Please remember that your application will only be deemed complete when you submit the final form and upload a signed copy.
Requirements for OSOPADEC Bursary
Before applying for an Ondo State bursary grant, interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be full-time students of a recognized private or public tertiary institution in the country.
- They must be of Ese-Odo or Ilaje L.G.A indigenes with proof of Letter of Origin.
- Candidates should have a JAMB Registration No. where applicable
- Present an Admission Letter
- Have evidence of School Fees receipt for the 2022/2023 academic session
- Have evidence of a Student ID Card
- Students currently enrolled in law school are also able to apply
- Applicants must have at least a Second Class Upper Division (or its equivalent) to be considered for Ondo State Bursary.
An Overview of Ondo State
Ondo, often known as Ondo State, is a Nigerian state formed on February 3, 1976, from the previous Western State. It used to contain what is now Ekiti State before it was split off in 1996. The state capital is Akure. Nigeria has various ministerial offices that represent the federal authorities in each state.
The state is divided into eighteen LGAs, the most important of which are Akoko, Akure, Okitipupa, Ondo, and Owo. The majority of the state’s people are of the Yoruba ethnic group, with some other related tribes.
The Yoruba subgroups of the Akoko, Akure, Okitipupa, Ilaje, Ondo, and Owo peoples make up the majority of the ethnic composition of Ondo State. The coastal areas are home to Ijaw minorities like the Apoi and Arogbo. At the same time, Oke-Igbo is home to many Ondo State residents who speak a variety of the Yoruba language close to the Ife dialect.
Looking at the educational framework of the Ondo State Scholarship, the Federal University of Technology Akure, Akure, and the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, are the two major government universities in Ondo state. The Commissioner of Education of the Ondo State Ministry of Education in Akure is accompanied by the Permanent Secretary, who manages the work of the Ministry’s Directors and other officials.
That’s the size of this article on how to apply for the Ondo State Scholarship. We believe you have learned something about the process.
Sam is a brilliant young Nigerian biochemistry student and an aspiring entrepreneur. Despite facing many challenges, he has never lost his passion for learning and drive to make a difference in the world. Read more about him here.
1 thought on “Ondo State Scholarship 2023: Application Guide”
Weldone Sir, What of Scholarship for PhD students?