Katsina State scholarship 2023 is a financial aid initiative awarded to brilliant indigenous students. This state government-sponsored program aims to allow the less privileged students from the region to further their studies.
Some of these students are victims of terrorism aftermath, which has continued to widen the gap between the poor and the rich in the state. This scholarship initiative helps to mitigate the situation and is available for O-level certificate, undergraduate, and postgraduate degree study programs.
All scholarships cover tuition fees. Some may include accommodation stipends, while few come with a monthly allowance for personal upkeep.
Kastina State Scholarship Requirements
The Katsina State scholarship is designed for brilliant students with good academic CVs. More than that, this financial aid program mostly targets underprivileged students in the state to help them in their career growth.
However, the scholarship beneficiaries are expected to serve the state and the country upon completion of their studies.
Here are the required educational criteria for the financial aid program:
- Candidates must be an indigene of Katsina State either by birth or naturalization;
- Candidates must be a scholar of a government-recognized educational establishment in Nigeria;
- O-level Candidates should possess a good academic record;
- Undergraduate candidates should be enrolled in full-time study mode and must be studying any art or science-related courses;
- Undergraduate Candidates must have or maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00, and their statement of results must verify this;
- Prospective undergraduate candidates should score five credits in their ordinary or advanced-level certificates in one sitting. The subjects must include English language, mathematics, and three related science or art study fields. Also, they should present their admission letter to the Katsina State Government to get admission to study in their chosen university.
- Prospective O-level or A-level candidates must have the First School Living Certificate (FSLC);
- Candidates must possess their Certificate of Origin.
Local Government Eligibility
This financial aid program is a local government (LG-based) initiative. As with other Scholarships, this monetary aid initiative is not available for everyone but for some selected candidates who meet its criteria on the Local Government Area of origin.
So, applying candidates are advised to check their status and confirm if they are from any of the following Local Government Areas which are Bakori, Batagarawa, Batsari, Baure, Bindawa, Charanchi, Dan Musa, Dandume, Danja, Daura, Dutsi, Dutsin-Ma, Faskari, Funtua, Ingawa, Jibia, Kafur, Kaita, Kankara, Kankia, Katsina, Kurfi, Kusada, Mai’Adua, Malumfashi, Mani, Mashi, Matazu, Musawa, Rimi, Sabuwa, Safana, Sandamu, and Zango.
This is because prospective applicants must originate from any of these LGAs to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Kogi State Scholarship 2023 Bursary Portal
- Ogun State Scholarship 2023 For Indigenes
- Chevron Scholarship 2023 Program Application Portal
- Mike Rowe Scholarship 2023 Application Portal
How to Apply for Katsina State Scholarship 2023
- Interested candidates who meet the necessary academic and background criteria should head over to the State scholarship board website
- Applicants should create a profile account and submit the necessary data, including full name starting from surname before other names, valid contact number, and E-mail.
- The submitted documents should be scanned and verified before submission.
Katsina State Scholarship Eligible Study Program
The Katsina State scholarship is available for a range of study programs, including the following;
- Arabic Studies
- Creative Arts
- Drama & performing arts
- Literature in English
- Artificial Intelligence
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Data Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Medicine & surgery
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Physical therapy
- Public health
- Veterinary medicine
- Wildlife management
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
- Computer science
- Earth Sciences
- Math and stats
- Soil Sciences
- Guidance and Counselling
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Agricultural science and Education
- Arts and Social Science Education
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and CRE
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Geography
- Education and History:
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Maths
- Education and Physics
- Education and Social Studies
- Primary Education Studies
- Science and Technology Education
- Teacher Education Science
Education in Katsina State
Katsina State is home to five public and private universities which are Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Al-Qalam University, National Open University of Nigeria, and Cherish Institute; two Colleges of Education which are Federal College of Education and Isa Kaita College of Education, and a host of primary and secondary schools.
The city has a growing population of six million people with a literacy rate of 21. 7%. These statistics are quite low and coupled with the rising demand for skilled workers in the state, the state government of Katsina and the FG of Nigeria has worked together to devise means to encourage the youths to gain the necessary intensive knowledge to fill the gaps.
The Kaduna state government scholarship is one such means, and it comes with nice perks. Read on to discover more information about this state-sponsored financial aid program.
Rising Famine, insecurity, low salary, and uneven distribution of wealth have long affected the Katsina State educational system. These problems have directly and indirectly kicked many scholars out of school, which has done no good to the state’s literacy legacy.
One of the ways designed by the government to mitigate this problem is through the Katsina state scholarship. The program is designed for an indigene of Katsina state, and hundreds of scholars have benefited from this financial aid package. This post contains important information on the scholarship eligibility criteria and application procedures.
Sam is a brilliant young Nigerian biochemistry student and an aspiring entrepreneur. Despite facing many challenges, he has never lost his passion for learning and drive to make a difference in the world. Read more about him here.