The JAMB portal is a website designed for students to perform all their desired actions.
However, all candidates have their unique email and password to access the portal. If you’ve forgotten your password, don’t panic; I will teach you how to restore it. But today, I will teach you how to gain access to it via jamb.gov.ng.
Whenever I have an issue with JAMB, I log into the JAMB portal. There was a time when I had a problem with my name: the arrangement and spelling were incorrect. If you have this same problem, continue reading this post for a solution.
- JAMB 8 keys to answer all questions
- Can’t log in to JAMB Caps? See solutions
- How to upgrade the JAMB result
How to login to JAMB portal using Registration Number
- Open your web browser.
- Ensure you use a good browser that allows desktop mode, e.g., chrome, brave, etc.
- Copy and paste this link or click it to proceed (efacility.jamb.gov.ng/Login/)
- Input your email (used during registration) and password to log in.
Importance of using the JAMB e-facility portal
I know you already have a little understanding of the JAMB portal by now. It is high time we talk about the benefits of this online JAMB portal.
It reduces Jambites’ stress: Most JAMB candidates pass through the stress they ought not to. For instance, a candidate went to the CBT centre to check his result, but the queue for about 2 hours before he was attended to. What if he was not attended to that day? It shows his effort has been wasted.
It limits the money spent by JAMB candidates: This is the most crucial reason for creating the e-facility portal. How does this reduce the amount JAMB candidates spend? In a situation where candidates wish to perform activities like checking results, Correcting data, etc. They no longer need to visit any cyber cafe to access it.
Some candidates do not have a good mobile phone to check their results or apply for a change of course/institution. If you’re in this category, contact any of your family members who can help you check it.
Note that giving out your JAMB registration number is not good. It is the best option if you’re not good at using the internet cafe.
Other benefits of the www.jamb.gov.ng portal
1. It reduces fraud: I have seen advertisements concerning JAMB’s change of course/institution. This set of people who publicize the advert tag themselves as JAMB officials. Once candidates see them, they no longer have any option other than to believe them and give them money for the service.
Although not all of them are scammers, some cafes offer online services, but seeing the real one is rare. The best thing to do is to visit the JAMB office or approved CBT centres to get it done without risk.
Also, ensure you are always on alert when dealing with any issue requiring money. The rate at which people are getting scammed these days, ehn.
2. One sign-in powers all activities: After you have been successfully logged in, you no longer need to supply your details for some activities. With just a single sign-in, you have full access to the portal.
Lastly, it gives you rest of mind. Those who know about using a website to buy goods online will know it gives them rest of mind. Imagine you stayed in your room to do all you wanted without going out or giving your hard-earned money to scammers.
Disadvantages of using the JAMB Portal
The JAMB efacility portal remains the best, but it has disadvantages no matter how good something might be. Note that the disadvantage I will state is that it is not meant for all services on the portal.
Several pages must be opened before you can get the result you are finding: Before you can get what you need on the JAMB portal, you must at least log in and navigate to some pages.
While you are doing this, don’t forget your data keeps reducing. Some pages will consume many kilobytes before they finally load.
You must supply your JAMB registration number or the email you used during the registration. Unlike checking JAMB results via www.jamb.gov.ng/CheckUTMEResults, you will no longer need to log in.
Things you can do on JAMB efacility Portal
- Checking your admission status
- Viewing of UTME result
- Correction of data
- JAMB regularization
- Submission of indemnity form
- Uploading of O’level result
- Update your profile
- Check all transaction that occurs
- Print admission letter
- Part-time registration
- Print mock result
- Change your password
- Sandwich registration
- Apply for transfer
- Normalization of irregular admission
- CBT center charge
You can still do other things besides those I mentioned above. Let me explain them one after the other.
Checking of JAMB admission status
While waiting for your institution to drop its admission list, you can head to the efacility portal to check your admission chances. Checking JAMB admission status is done in two different ways.
- Through the efacility portal
- Through the JAMB CAPS portal
See how you can check your admission status through both
Checking Your JAMB result
Don’t be surprised that checking jamb results is also enabled on the JAMB website.
JAMB Correction of data
As earlier said, you edited some mistakes you made during registration on the JAMB website. Below are corrections you can make.
Data correction made on the JAMB website
- Change of name: If your name is mistakenly written, log in to the JAMB portal and click on data correction.
- Edit course/institution: Did you score low in JAMB and think you can’t gain admission? Check other institutions that can accept your result and change it via the JAMB website. Don’t give up just like that.
- Gender: Are you male, and they chose female for you on the JAMB registration portal? Please change it as soon as possible so it won’t affect you.
- Date of birth: All corrections on the JAMB 2023 portal should be quickly corrected before it’s late. If peradventure your date of birth is wrong, promptly edit it on your dashboard before you are asked to tender an affidavit.
This has to do with the admission letter. If you have an issue printing your admission letter, click here.
Submission of indemnity form
It is otherwise known as a late application. An indemnity will be given if you have applied for any service on the JAMB portal lately. Some sets of people are assigned to approve, and after approval, it must be uploaded via the UTME website.
Checking all transactions that occur
You may visit a cafe for a service; they refuse to do it after payment. You can confirm that on the JAMB portal.
Changing of password
Are you unable to log into the JAMB portal? Well, an incorrect password might be the possible reason. The JAMB portal has been enabled for changing passwords. Kindly make use of the forget password button to rectify it.
JAMB Portal Is Not Opening
Is the JAMB not accessible or not opening on your device(s)? Here is what you need to know.
- Ensure your data connection is on and you have an active data bundle on your SIM.
- JAMB changed its site some months ago; it was formally www.jamb.org.ng, but now it is www.jamb.gov.ng.
- If the JAMB website is down, check back later.
- If it is displaying error 404, that means the page has been moved or deleted. Search for the new page on Academicful or Google.
Today am going to stop here. If you have any issues with the JAMB website, drop them in the comment box. I will attend to them immediately.
Sam is a brilliant young Nigerian biochemistry student and an aspiring entrepreneur. Despite facing many challenges, he has never lost his passion for learning and drive to make a difference in the world. Read more about him here.